Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The intensity of the Christmas tree location

So.... I have been thinking about Christmas trees and the fact that once you put it somewhere in your house your rarely move it. It usually gets set up in the same place every year. Sometimes I feel people do not make the right decision when deciding where to place their Christmas tree. I also think that once you do place it somewhere it should be put in the same place each year. What kind of tradition would it be if your tree was in a different spot each year? When I was younger we put our Christmas tree up in our family room in front of our tall glass doors. One year (It was my 8th grade year actually. I remember it because it was so traumatic) My dad thought it would be nice to put it in our living room. OK, we did have windows all across the front of our house and it looked pretty there. However, it should have been placed there in the first place. That was the mistake. We placed it in the incorrect spot to begin with. I remember thinking how ridiculous it was that we had relocated our tree. Every year after that out tree was in the family room. That was until we sold our house which was another tragedy and this year we had to decide where to place the Christmas tree at my dad's. My suggestion, in the window, was taken into consideration and that is where the tree is. I feel like when I move in to my own house, truth be told I would be fine living with my mom forever, that's another day and another blog I guess....But I feel like when I decide where to put my tree it will take me a long time of going over details and deciding because once i make a decision I will not change it. Stressful

JKD

2 comments:

  1. Janelle, that's so great that you love being with your mom. Do you Taylor Swift's song "Best Day" (about her mom)? I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! That is a good song. I love Taylor. I saw her in concert and it was awesome. If I am away from home for more than a few days I miss my mom so much!

    ReplyDelete