Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sock Sleeping

So... I have not blogged all week because I have been sick. No, I did not have the swine flu. I had another virus but itwas gross and I pretty much stayed in bed all week. I do not like to use my lap top in bed so I have not been on the computer much. I am very picky about where I will and will not use my lap top. Anyways, when I was in bed this week I realized something that people seem to have a firm stance on while they are in bed and that is socks. I ALWAYS sleep in socks. Yes, even in the summer. I actually leave socks on most of the time even when I am not in bed. I cannot sleep without socks. Ok, so I could and I have a very limited number of times but I would prefer not to. I like sleeping in socks because no matter how warm it is ocne I fall asleep my feet always seem to be cold. I also like socks if I am sleeping next to another person. I do not want their feet skin to touch me and I do not want my feet skin to touch them. I also like to tuck my pajama pants in my socks when I am sleeping. This way the legs of my pants stay down and do not bunch up while I am sleeping. For some reason some people cannot stand sleeping in socks. My oldest brother, who thinks this blog is a joke, as well as my sister -in- law ,who is a follower can't stand it. They do not know what they are missing. Strangely enough their children do not like socks either. Is sock preferance hereditary? I would say so. I love sleeping in socks and I prefer anyone who is going to have their feet near me to wear socks.
As a side note... in the winter when my hands get dry I even sleep with socks on my hands. I put vaseline on my hands and then socks. My grandma made me do it once when I was little. It rocks the socks off. Clever huh?
JKD

2 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of sock sleeping, though I don't do it much because my socks inevitably end up off my feet and strewn somewhere at the bottom of the bed. Obviously, you have a superior sock-sleeping technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a sock sleeper. But you will find me wearing my socks halfway when I am home for the night I slip my socks down off my heels and leave my toes covered..

    ReplyDelete